15 January 2006

Political ambition

I learn that a Mr. Jonathon Sharkey is running for Governor of Minnesota in 2006.
Honesty is very seldom heard nowadays, especially from a politician. So, I am going to break from political tradition. My name is Jonathon "The Impaler" Sharkey, Ph.D., L.D.D.D. I am a Satanic Dark Priest, Sanguinarian Vampyre and a Hecate Witch
Don't worry, folks. He assures us he's not evil. I'm inclined to take him at his word. Church of Satan founder Anton LaVey, after all, had a love of the theatrical but was no more evil than Bela Lugosi.

In spite of this possible political handicap, I like his chances. He's a former pro wrestler, like another successful dark horse candidate for the job was recently. Recent events have taught us that there is no embarassment on video so horrendous that it will prevent you from becoming Governor of California. (And really, you gotta watch the whole thing. It just gets worse and worse.)

Oh, and Sharkey plans on running for President of the United States in 2008. Give 'em hell, Jonathon.

(BTW, I see via Indri at Waterbones that bOING bOING has picked up the story --- and both of them have interesting things to say about him --- but I actually got it early via Dragonladyflame.)

2 comments:

TheWayOfTheGun said...

Years ago, LaVey was on Donohue or some similar non-screaming talk show. LaVey issued a bunch of qualifiers to try to combat stereotypes about him. The host responded "So what you're saying is that you're a good satanist?"

LaVey paused briefly, looking slightly uncomfortable before managing, "Yeah, I guess so."

Indri said...

Arnold dancing.

My eyes.